Saturday, April 28, 2012

Collection #12 Salvador Dali

I know Salvador Dali is very well known and probably defeats the purpose but I like the surrealism of his paintings and wanted to look him up. He was born in 1904 and died in 1989 living as a Spanish painter, graphic artist and designer.
I chose a couple painting I like of his the most to talk about.
I really like butterflies and some of his paintings have butterflies with a surrealist approach which I find very inspiring. I couldn't find the name of this first painting but I love how the flower's leaves are the wings of a butterfly. There are also little people walking around the flower, there's a lot that can be interpreted in this painting.
Salvador Dali is best known for his paintings of the melting clocks. I like these because time to me is such a mystery and there is never enough of it. Time can heal and hurt, time is not infinite and one day time will catch up to us all. Time is scary.


No comments:

Post a Comment