Friday, May 11, 2012

Western New York Book Arts Center

I enjoyed the excursion we went on a couple weeks ago to the printing press place called the Western New York Book Arts Center. I bought a print from there of a cupcake and a little buffalo post card. Not only did they have a workshop for printing but they had room to exhibit other artists pieces. I knew Buffalo was an artistic city but after this class I am really beginning to notice just how much this city does for art.
I also enjoyed the video we watched about Amos Kennedy and how he made printing a career. In the Book Arts Center, they explained how patient one has to be to make prints. I never realized how much work really goes into it. I enjoy looking at Amos's posters because they are different from any art I've ever seen.
Amos Kennedy makes posters with very opinionated thoughts that sometimes make people uncomfortable but I like the slogans he adds. These are probably my favorite ones I have seen of his work so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment