Thursday, February 23, 2012

Burchfield Penny Art Center

During our excursion last Friday, the artist that drew me to her work was Jackie Felix. I liked how her art was very feminine and it made me think of how society perceives women and the way men treat them. Some of her paintings suggest a women in a triangle type of love but that she is the one being deceived. It seems that this happens a lot in society today and many women are being manipulated to do a mans bidding. Men take women for granted and in her paintings it kind of seems as though she shows the women catering to a man but his repayment is not being loyal. There was a section of works that seemed to go together in that throughout the years women have grown a bit stronger in that they have come to stand up for themselves more against manipulation from men. I like how they worded it on the website:
"Her subjects reflect a zealous, sometimes ironic, attack on ways that women are stereotyped as two-dimensional, subordinate pawns." I couldn't explain it better myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment