Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Collection #5 Tim Burton

I had to add Tim Burton to my collection, I realize he is very well known but he's my favorite artist! Tim Burton was born August 25th, 1958 in Burbank, California. He attended the California Institute of Arts and worked as a Disney animator for less then a year before branching off on his own projects. Tim Burton's work combines a collection of fantasy and horror in clay animation. Some of his movies are not animation but still capture the strange dark side that is Tim Burton. Some of his movies include: Nightmare Before Christmas, Beetlejuice, Batman, Coraline, NINE, and the newer Alice In Wonderland. I love the art work in his movies because they're kind of morbid yet the stories has a lesson behind them. I also love how he depicted the old animated Alice in Wonderland, putting his own twist on it and bringing it to life.

The first movie of Tim Burton that i love is Nightmare Before Christmas, which is all clay animation. Came into theaters in 1993
The first two pictures are of Jack, clay animation combined with computer animation. 

  This is the Halloween town that he created for the movie


The next clay animation movie I wanted to share is Coraline, with the same type of style as Nightmare Before Christmas, a young girl finds her way into a different reality that may or may not be in her dreams. 2009





This last picture of the set of Coraline is part of the garden that was created for the film.


Another film he did was a remake of the Disney's Alice in Wonderland. This movie came out in 2010, it is suppose to be based off the second part of the book; Though the Looking Glass. (I never finished the book so I'm not sure how closely he fallowed the story.) Johnny Depp plays the Mad Hatter and he is in quite a few of Tim Burton's film.


I like the colors of the Cheshire cat and how he looks like smoke when evaporating.


I love the scenery in that it's very mystical but almost like it could be a real place. The art in this film is very intriguing, to see how The Wonderland comes to life. I saw the film for the first time in 3D and the graphics were amazing. I love the scenery.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment