Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mike SS and his art


Sometimes no matter how many years go by you still think of someone you lost and all the haunting memories that come with it. I have tried very hard to set him in my past knowing that one day when i leave this world I will have him back again. But everyday he is on my mind and I can distract myself for a while but sometimes you need to express how you feel for the loss of something. Maybe this is crazy but Mike and I have this crazy connection i don't think i have ever had with anyone else so far anyways. He was a really amazing friend and incredibly smart i miss him so much i just thought i'd post some of his "art work". These are ones he had posted but there are a million more at his house. Enjoy his crazyness and feel free to post your thoughts...


 He was pretty proud of this one, we were talking the one day an he told me to go check it out. its a little collage he did of glue, magazines and a razor blade. I feel that mike thought of art in a therapeutic way, as well as most artists do. I think if he went into animation, he could have done great things. 

 These were done on a wall with ...i dont remember...deodorant? lol and a black light you can kinda see his name on the side. yea i think that says mike =] the caption was just "I drew this on my wall lol"


This last one that i have explains mike perfectly. The caption is "I drew this for you" HAHAH so mikey. He really didnt care what other people thought. He would be friends with anyone as long as they showed him the same respect, he didnt care if other people looked down at you, he'd be your friend. I loved Mike for this. I was looked down on alot but he always stuck up for me and stuck by my side.

It'll be 3 years in July and i guess I shouldn't still be thinking of him as much as I do but I hope some of you will understand how it feels to lose someone so suddenly. I regret alot of what happened before he passed, I wish I had more time, but mike was meant to be set an example, to help us learn, to be at peace, and here, he was not at peace.
Because I have not fully made sense of our friendship, or his death and because there is alot I have made sense of, alot of my artwork is either about him or has some stuff of him in it.

First drawing: I guess i could call this the "Sacrament" which means something regarded as possessing a sacred or mysterious significance. pencil on 9x12 drawing paper

This one is just abstract, drawn in 09 a week or two after...i actually dont remember. Pastels on 9x12 

This is a picture i took of a tree mike had carved his name in at Como Park in Depew. I edited it in a filter program i found online. I like how it looks old fashioned.


I started an oil painting on some type of board, forgot what its called. im further done then the pictures i have of it but its still not finished. This is a painting i did of Mike driving his firebird. I set it in California because he went there to pick up his older brother and took alot of pictures of the sky.


As you can see mikey looks like a ghost haha how ironic! well as of now i do have his hand done and most of his face, hat, glasses, he just needs side burns :)
I will be posting more. I really needed some room to express how much i miss him. Thanks for listening <3
 My Mike Tattoo:

2 comments: